River Tees Multi-Academy Trust takes the issue of E-Safety very seriously for all learners, staff and parents/carers.
We acknowledge that the Internet is a fantastic tool and we encourage our students to take full advantage of it however, there are dangers of the misuse and it is our responsibility to work alongside parents and other professional bodies to make sure all young people use the Internet safely.
To keep all learners, staff and parents/carers safe, the following interventions are taking place:
- deliver sessions on keeping safe on the Internet for learners (where applicable)
- make sure the school network has up to date security and filter systems
- give all staff yearly training on E-Safety
- have an E-Safety Committee comprising of ICT Cordinator, teaching staff, technician, a member of the management team and a school Governor
- offer internet safety sessions to parents/carers
For more information on keeping safe on the Internet please check out the Think You Know website. If you are concerned about possible abuse on the Internet or know someone who is in danger you can report this to the Child Exploitation & Online Protection Centre (CEOP) using the link below.
For any e-Safety information or policies, please find them in the policies tab.